The mission of the Animal Shelter Assistance Program (ASAP) is to eliminate the killing of adoptable cats impounded at the Santa Barbara County Animal Shelter by providing daily care, medical rehabilitation and adoptive homes.
In addition to the primary goal stated above, ASAP also seeks to:
- improve the public perception of the Animal Shelter and increase adoption activity,
- reduce the population of stray and homeless cats through spay/neuter, redemption, foster care, and other educational programs,
- promote the benefits of companion animals,
- counsel and educate the public in providing a healthy and safe environment for cats, and
- form working relationships with other Santa Barbara County animal welfare groups.